Sunday, March 27, 2011

Egg in the Basket

As I have shown in the past I barely keep any food in my refrigerator. So when times are tough or when I'm too lazy to go out an get some quick food I scramble whatever food I have into a quick meal.

One of my go to recipes is called egg in the basket and is one of the simplest and quickest meals you can make. I found out about it while watching the film V for Vendetta. There was one scene were they were cooking it and I was very interested in trying to replicate this meal. I saw a quick tutorial and was easily able to reproduce it.

All you need to make this is

1 Egg
1 Piece of bread & butter.

You cut out a hole in the center of the bread using a small cup or anything you can find with a small enough diameter to fit in the middle of the bread. Next you butter what you have left and put it on a hot pan. Lightly toast both sides of the bread before putting your egg on.

(Egg in the Basket)

After this is done put your egg to cook on both sides. The amount of time you cook it depends on how you want your egg done. I do it for no more than 1 minute on each side because I like my egg runny, you can cook it longer if you want your egg solid.

This literally takes no more than 5 minutes to cook and is both light and healthy if you have the right kind of bread. I add a pinch of salt, tabasco and a hint of mustard to make a quick breakfast or post run snack. A quick Youtube tutorial can be found here if you need more help

No comments:

Post a Comment