Monday, February 7, 2011

Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs

I am going to take a quick break from my food adventures to present you one of my favorite home made dishes. I like a number of you grew up on scrambled eggs for breakfast. Both my mother and father had their own spins on this dish. I vividly remember looking forward to eating them , especially during the weekend when I could take my time.

Flash forward to the future and I find myself branching off and trying to create my own version of this classic dish. After various attempts I left feeling unsatisfied at which point I turned to the experts for help. I stumbled upon this video which is Gordon Ramsay's recipe for "the perfect scrambled eggs". For those of you who don't know Mr. Ramsay is a famous eccentric Scottish chef raised in England whose claim to prominence came with his popular T.V. show Hell's Kitchen.

(The Perfect Scrambled Eggs)

If you watch the video his recipe calls for.

- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of butter
- 1/2 Tablepoon of creme fraiche
- 1 Slice of sourdough bread
- Chives

If you want to make it I recommend you watch the video as it is a semi-complex process. I have tweaked the original recipe by substituting the bread with whole wheat and not adding the creme fresh, mainly because I don't use it that often.

Both recipes are solid and make for a great breakfast. The chives really add an extra dimension that is hard to live without. I have become so spoiled with this dish that eating eggs any other way has become boring and even inferior.

No comments:

Post a Comment