Sunday, July 3, 2011

Qdoba

Qdoba Mexican Grill is our next stop on the chain restaurant tour. A direct competitor to Chipotle which opened it's doors two years earlier Qdoba offers it's patrons a variety of Mexican dishes. Coincidentally both Qdoba and Chipotle originated in Denver, Colorado and have grown into nationwide chains with numerous dedicated followers.

The main aspect that separates Qdoba from their arch rival is the array of options. While Chipotle limits itself to burritos and tacos Qdoba serves a number of other dishes including but not limited to quesadillas, nachos, and soup. This characteristic is what initially drew me to dine here and has made me come back several times afterward.


My first visit was pure by coincidence; I was bored with my regular lunch routine in Georgetown so I decided to explore the outer parts of the area. I decided to order the Ancho Chili BBQ burrito which consists of a burrito with your choice of toppings and is smothered with their Mole BBQ sauce. The burrito was average, the ingredients were fresh and the Mole was good but for a burrito I would have to side with my Chipotle allegiance.

Next I decided to order their taco salad which comes inside a deep fried tortilla. While not the healthiest salad you can get in the area it is a long time favorite of mine. The flavors are all there and the chicken was solid.

(Roasted Chicken Taco Salad)

Aside from the taco salad which is my go to dish their quesadillas are average but the best you can get in the Georgetown area. Their nachos on the other hand are a big let down. They come in a three cheese sauce which is alright which I paired with the pulled pork. On that topic I will have to say out of all of the meats to chose from their pulled pork is the best.


(Pulled Pork Nachos)

All in all Qdoba is a solid destination for those who like to stick to the fast-food chains. Their prices are average, the food is solid and there is no where near the same ghastly lines that you see at Chipotle during the lunch rush.

While I think the food is better at Chipotle I still go here from time to time because of the different options they offer, mainly the aforementioned taco salad. If you are in the mood for a tacos or a burrito then I would advise you to stick with Chipotle. However if you are in the mood for a good taco salad or a quesadilla then head on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment